I am a highly experienced workshop trainer in digital media and digital storytelling.
For five years, I ran weekly media skills workshops in regional towns in Central Victoria. These free workshops were open to the public, and were held in libraries, schools, and other community venues as part of the ABC’s ABC Open regional, audience-led media project.
I taught one-off workshops and workshop series in memoir writing, photography, video, documentary, audio recording and editing, and social media. The photos, videos, audio and written stories that came from these workshops were then published or broadcast on the ABC.
- Bendigo TAFE: 20+ video workshops and presentations
- Bendigo Senior Secondary College: workshops and presentations
- Bendigo Writers Festival: participation in panels, memoir writing workshops
- Castlemaine Children’s Literature Festival: video workshops with children
- Goldfields and Gannawarra Shire libraries: 100+ writing, video documentary and photography workshops
- Create Ability Disability Service: audio editing workshops
- Radius Disability Service: presentations, photo, mobile video and audio workshops
- La Trobe University Bendigo: audio editing and writing workshops
- Loddon Campaspe Multicultural Services: 20+ workshops with CALD community
- 10 Historical Societies: partnership with using historical photos
- 15 Neighbourhood Houses around Central Victoria
- 10 primary schools around Central Victoria